Monday, July 6, 2009

Homeless Angels

I was surprised to find Homeless Angels a technically (and narratively to an extent) sophisticated for its time and place. Technically speaking, Inkyu's use of the camera was the most notable to me among the sophistication. Setting locations with different shots of scenery and sometimes a city sign was one way he used the camera. He also used the camera by providing various shots in one scene, switching angles on the involved characters that perhaps complimented the mood or emotions. Also, in terms of editing, I was surprised to find some stylized transitions involved (wipes, dissolves, etc.) in the film. Concerning the movie as a propagandic peice, I can definitely see it, but I can't say I completely agree to it. Although it was a blantant piece of propaganda at the end, it seemed distant to the actual plot of the film preceded that scene. I wouldn't consider it to be in the same category as, say, a movie like Triumph of the Will. Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment